Username Password: Remember me

upcoming points years thoughts
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: upcoming points years thoughts

upcoming points years thoughts 3 years, 10 months ago #4241

• td1332
  • Keyboard Commando
What does everything think about possible doing a countdown like is done in NHRA or Nascar to add some excitment to the year of racing. What I am thinking in like super pro is the top 10 or 12 racers at the bracket finals cutoff the points gets reset. With number 1 getting like 50 and 2nd 49 3rd and 4th 48 5 and 6 getting 47 and 6-10 getting 46 and 11 and 12 getting 45. Just a thought what does everyone think?

Re: upcoming points years thoughts 3 years, 10 months ago #4242

So you're saying to reset the points at the bracket finals cutoff and make it possible for anyone in the top 10 or 12 to win?

Seems like an interesting idea, but it you're #1 and running away with it (say 10 points or more) you'd probably feel a little cheated if you didn't finish strong and ended up in 5th or something.

Another idea could be just to bring back double points days to mix it up.

Re: upcoming points years thoughts 3 years, 10 months ago #4243

• td1332
  • Keyboard Commando
well of course there is going to be ups and downs to the whole thing as in anyway it is done. I am thinking this way would gain interest and make things more exciting at end of the year. I have always felt double points days are stupid what makes 1 day worth more than another day.

Re: upcoming points years thoughts 3 years, 10 months ago #4244

Everyone has their opinions on double points day. It's just another way to make things interesting. It's always better when you win on double points day.

Re: upcoming points years thoughts 3 years, 10 months ago #4245

• low buck
  • Street Racer
cut it off before the bracket finals cutoff to make it worth it. to much weather involved after bracket finals weekend. im all for it.

Re: upcoming points years thoughts 3 years, 10 months ago #4246

Whether it goes to a shootout or not I think that u should be able to drop some events, it's a lot easier to decide to run points at a track if u can miss a couple weekends for special events I'm just using round numbers but if we ran 15 maybe u could drop 3 or 5, and base your points off your 10 or 12 best days I know it's more work for record keeping but I think it would get some regulars that don't chase the points to commit to it
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa
2006 Suzuki GSXR 1000

Re: upcoming points years thoughts 3 years, 10 months ago #4247

• td1332
  • Keyboard Commando
I really dont feel anything prior to the brackets is really fair. If you lead till that point the racer would still be granted the Race of Champions race at bracket finals and represent in the King of the track race.

Re: upcoming points years thoughts 3 years, 10 months ago #4251

• ron
  • No Time 2 Race
not enough weather permitting race days after the bracket finals left to do it cutting the amount of points race days to a certain number to give racers a certain amount of days to go to special events without being penalized is worth thinking about , but esta may view it as the opposite , meaning , they may feel some racers go to esta and race points instead of the special events to accumulate needed points , both views have merit , heath has missed 4 esta points races running p/s sled div. 1 , all that being said , something needs to be done to reinvigorate interest in the points program , 5 bikes/sled 5/s-pro at the finals is dismal . pro seems to be the die hard class .

Re: upcoming points years thoughts 3 years, 9 months ago #4254

• zeesbluz
  • Bounty Hunter
Here my 2 pennys...

Cut it off after brackets cut off ....there are lots of big races elsewhere racers might want to attend but cant because they are in points. Maybe esta could even have an end of the year box/no box event based on car count.

Also I spoke to SEVERAL racers this year about there being no points for all classes the day Jrs are at their div race. All of which felt it was a wasted weekend. I think this changed 5 years or so ago to accomodate Jr parents that race in points classes. However this year I dont think we had one parent that raced weekly points go to the Jr Div....we should make this a points day next year and end the year after finals cut off IMO....there is no reason to waste a points day when Jrs are away, just make it no points for their class.

Re: upcoming points years thoughts 3 years, 9 months ago #4255

• td1332
  • Keyboard Commando
I also feel there is no reason the Juniors should have to miss a race weekend when the bracket finals are going on for big cars. I do try to do both as do some other racers and for the NHRA Div 1 jr race there should be a no points day and then there conference finals we have the 10K race so that takes that weekend up. If the track ended everything at bracket cutoff the car counts would drop off huge. As the track they want to keep the racers there and thats why I am thinking a countdown style may make it more interesting

Re: upcoming points years thoughts 3 years, 9 months ago #4256

• sc167v
  • Mechanic
Ok...this might ruffle some feathers...so nothing personal.. just my thoughts ...
First...I like double points days...added pressure if life outside of racing doesn't allow you to be at the track
Second...countdown sounds cool...only need top 10 to have a shot....
Third...track championship needs a bigger carrot to make it worth going for...example.. if number one pays $1000 and you can go to a couple other races where you have a shot a $2500 say...that's one weekend of racing compared to all season long...throw in a few bigger money races and it is not economical to chase points...(learned this from a dirt car owner I worked with years ago)
Third...have drivers sign up for points and pay ...say $30 to run for points.. helps track offset cost of point fund...also have rented pit spots be paid for before banquet so there is money to use towards the championship money...

Once again these are only my personal thoughts...what ever the herd decides ...doesn't matter to me I will still be there supporting ESTA... (when life allows)

Re: upcoming points years thoughts 3 years, 9 months ago #4257

Brett does have a point with the paid points fund. A lot of other tracks do this I think. If it's guaranteed to go toward the points payout, that would actually work out pretty well. Let's say you get 20 drivers in Super Pro to pay $30 to run for points. There's $600 toward the year end pot. Put most of it toward first place and you could easily pay out $1500 to win Super Pro, which makes it a little more enticing. There are always more drivers in Pro, so they could really bump up their year end pot too.

The pit space money is supposed to go toward pit improvements, though, so that should continue to do so.

I would definitely be interested in more big money races in our back yard.

Re: upcoming points years thoughts 3 years, 9 months ago #4258

• zeesbluz
  • Bounty Hunter
I like the points fund idea....need to make it more worth wile , like brett said 1 race somewhere else could be more enticing and a bigger pay day over all...add a points race or two( jr weekend, and e-town weekend) and track will make more $

Re: upcoming points years thoughts 3 years, 9 months ago #4259

• HHFab
  • Street Racer
Two Cents also, would be up for paying for points to increase end of year payout and like the countdown idea. I like Matt's idea of having a few weeks to race some other events without loosing ground. Maybe we can modify each of these to fit both the racers and tracks needs. Seems that we all like Esta enough to keep coming back year after year or decades for some.

Re: upcoming points years thoughts 3 years, 9 months ago #4261

• ron
  • No Time 2 Race
end of the year points championship winner should at least pay double what you can win on any given top payout weekend , pmx 600 = 1200 , most times we don't even make the 600 , so the incentive is lacking to be #1 so points fund makes some sence , class sponsers also can make up the difference , track has sponsers , but track needs class sponsers , you make the prize worth going for , then more will go for it
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds
ned_nhra Jrdragsterlogo sm

©2000-2018 ESTA Safety Park Dragstrip
Box 1189 - Cicero, NY 13039

Website Design and Maintenance by Extreme Exposures

summit