kingofthetrack
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: BRACKET FINALS

BRACKET FINALS 8 months ago #3246

• Rdrbn
  • Administrator
Just reminding everyone that Sunday is the last day of qualifying for the bracket finals.

I will be taking $75.00 deposits (if you are member of DRAG you will get this back, you need to be a member in good standing. Cut-off day to join DRAG was Aug 5th this year)

I will need a copy of your ET number & membership number,( if you do not have either of these, I will have paperwork for you to fill out and send in. type of vehicle that you are driving

I will also take $10.00 per person for the hopitality tent

Thanks
Robin
The following user(s) said Thank You: ron

Re: BRACKET FINALS 8 months ago #3247

• gasser65
  • Trophy Racer
What is Drag ??
C

Re: BRACKET FINALS 8 months ago #3248

• ron
  • Keyboard Commando
you need to not do last minute stuff this close for new racing people , ! plus it stinks , bracket finals racers for esta , gotta pay to compete , unless they belong to drag , they earn the right to be in there position , racing and supporting esta every week to get where they are at.
The following user(s) said Thank You: elkyman70

Re: BRACKET FINALS 8 months ago #3249

• gasser65
  • Trophy Racer
I don't know what DRAG is, know nothing about it, never heard of it
I came / went to ESTA 2 weeks ago- first time-EVER
I really have know idea what this is
sorry that I've set you off
is this a membership to the track, is it a good thing to be part of

Re: BRACKET FINALS 8 months ago #3250

• gasser65
  • Trophy Racer
hey ron- think you jumped me for no reason- I don't think that was needed, and I don't appreciate it
sorry, but I can't say thank you for the help
we should meet

Re: BRACKET FINALS 8 months ago #3251

Drag is an organization started by the racers years ago to support our bracket finals team. Drag is behind the 50/50 drawings each week and that's where the money comes from to pay the drivers way to bracket finals.

Drag meets every month, typically the first Monday of the month. Aside from bracket finals stuff, they also serve as a means to voice driver opinions and concerns to the track officials. There is usually a couple track people at the drag meetings, so interested drivers can come and ask questions, clarify rules, or voice complaints.

Ron - You're right, some tracks pay the way for the drivers, but some tracks don't. Spencer doesn't pay for anything and they don't have a drag-type organization to help out. I don't have a problem being a member.

Re: BRACKET FINALS 8 months ago #3252

• gasser65
  • Trophy Racer
Thank You, you have done it again
c

Re: BRACKET FINALS 8 months ago #3253

C,
I don't believe Ron's post was targeted towards you, so I wouldn't take any offence to them.
RedBarn Performance

Team Wagonator's offical slowest member.

The Grassmaster
315-663-1556

Re: BRACKET FINALS 8 months ago #3255

The tracks that DO pay the drivers way, are tracks that charge EVERYONE IN THE CLASS $5.00 a week to go into the fund, whether they intend on going or not. It also helps subsidise their points fund.

Also, it should be noted, that those wonderful women who walk around the track 3-4 times each day ,sell the 50/50 tickets do so to help the drivers who want to got to the Bracket Finals. Some may think its a pain, but THEY DO IT TO HELP YOU!

Re: BRACKET FINALS 8 months ago #3256

F.Y.I.>>>>interesting info about numidia... www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=595322

Re: BRACKET FINALS 8 months ago #3257

• ron
  • Keyboard Commando
my post meant , and we have been racing esta and going to finals for 2 + decades , that nothing is ever posted about the joining drag dead line until after the fact , same as last year , all of a sudden they announce its to late and you don't get your entry back , why not post or announce this ahead of time so we can join drag for 10.00 or whatever it is by the dead line ? and I know we don't drive the 70 miles round trip to drag , to here news , last one we went to there was only a hand full there , I will say last year they did refund all racers back the entry money who were not floaters , kudo's for that , my post wasn't directed toward any person. esta used to cover the entry regardless of being a drag member , they also paid for one crew member in our packets when we got there , we also understand its been a short season for making money. we never paid any fund $ when they paid our entry. guess we got spoiled

Re: BRACKET FINALS 8 months ago #3258

www.estadrags.com/component/kunena/3-dra...ns-comments-etcetera

Posted before the deadline. That's how I remembered to pay my dues this year because I haven't been able to make it to any meetings this year.

You're right Ron, back in the day, you didn't have to be a member of Drag to get your way to BF paid, but it was voted on and passed at a meeting several years ago. Doesn't it make sense that you should support the organization that's paying your way?

Re: BRACKET FINALS 8 months ago #3259

Ron......Drag and ESTA are not the same... but two separate organizations. a lot of people do not realize this fact.

Re: BRACKET FINALS 8 months ago #3260

• ron
  • Keyboard Commando
did not see that post or here an announcement , our fault I guess for not paying enough attention to drag , I just remember last year it was announced on the day after the deadline ran out , some people only heard it then and tried to pay the day after and were told no , im sure at that point they try and not get new members / deadline so they don't have to guarantee finals reg. paid to everyone . its business like anything else. we weren't planning on going cuz heath was running div. races , that sleds motor blew bad . and we found ourselves in the esta points lead lol sorry for the tif ! dicks right we didn't pay enough attention to realize they weren't connected . we do buy 50/50 's every week lol

Re: BRACKET FINALS 8 months ago #3263

• Rdrbn
  • Administrator
I would like to clarify some things.

1. DRAG is seperate from ESTA
2. I had Gary announcing for 3 weeks prior to cut off (which was July 28th, which I had them go until next race day Aug. 4th, because of a rain out)
3. 50/50 when it was started (back in the early 80's was designed to pay for the bracket finals. (Gail English started this)
4. The track has never paid for a crew member or entry fee.... it has always been the racer who paid, most was paid through 50/50's.
5. As the division had lost tracks through whatever reason, the price has gone up.
6. I have been asking everyone for weeks if they were interested in going to the bracket finals. So that I could explain what was it was all about.

Hope this clears some questions up

Thanks
Robin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff Parker, tracman466
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.41 seconds
ned_nhra Jrdragsterlogo sm

©2000-2014 ESTA Safety Park Dragstrip
Box 1189 - Cicero, NY 13039

Website Design and Maintenance by X-Site Web Design

summit