kingofthetrack
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Opening Day T&T

Opening Day T&T 8 months, 3 weeks ago #3831

I am hoping to FINALLY get my 06 Chrysler 300C to Esta to do some time trials and tune testing. I have a lot of experience at other tracks, but not here. I have a couple of questions:

- How busy/crazy are opening days?
- I assume the turn off is on the left? Who has right of way?
- I also assume I pay at the gate, then proceed to Tech, then to the staging lanes? Does Tech issue the numbers?

Any help/info would be appreciated so I don't make a fool of myself or get in anybody's way!

Re: Opening Day T&T 8 months, 3 weeks ago #3832

• Halzman
  • Bounty Hunter
Opening day they have slated has now changed to a mud run. Lets see who has the fastest 60 ft in the muddy pits. Heck I will sponsor it. Free 12 x 20 GRASS carpet to the winner.lol

Re: Opening Day T&T 8 months, 3 weeks ago #3833

Hi Erik,

I haven't been there every opening day, but I don't think it's too bad as far as congestion goes. You should be able to get plenty of runs. Whether it's run as open time trials or sessioned ultimately depends on how busy it is, but normally they will designate a couple lanes specifically for slick tire cars and a couple lanes for street tire cars.

The turn off at ESTA is on the RIGHT. There are 3 turn offs: One immediately after the 1/4 mile, which you will never use unless you run 1/8th mile, one about halfway down the shutdown, which a lot of cars take, and another all the way down at the end of the shutdown. I would say right lane has right of way. Not sure if there's an official rule for that or not.

You pay your gate fee upon entry, then proceed to tech (basically you drive straight in from the gate and tech personnel are waiting for you at the turn). Tech will check everything on your car and then give you a tech card. You'll drive down the return road and around behind the starting line to find the tower. Fill out your card and head to the tower to see Robin (or whoever is manning the tower at the time). Tell them you need a number and they'll help you out. You will also pay them the money for your entry.

Hope that helps! Have a good time.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds
ned_nhra Jrdragsterlogo sm

©2000-2014 ESTA Safety Park Dragstrip
Box 1189 - Cicero, NY 13039

Website Design and Maintenance by Extreme Exposures

summit