kingofthetrack
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: BRACKET FINALS

Re: BRACKET FINALS 1 year, 3 months ago #3264

• ron
  • No Time 2 Race
we used to have money in our race packets in an envelope , I believe 40.00 , was told it helped cover the crew. that ended about 7 , 8 years ago , im sure someone remembers that. maybe we just don't here the anounsments , drag vehicles tend to be noisy lol im sure anyone who planned on going to the finals would gladly pay 10.00 to drag than 70.00 at the finals , I also wasn't there that sunday. no biggy , I also think drag helps with the jr. finals ??? the jr. finals back when are not what they are these days . they are far superior . and more expensive. everything is more expensive . of coarse theirs always the possibility a secret admire r was throwing 40 beans in my packet to help with gas lol kind of a care package lol

Re: BRACKET FINALS 1 year, 3 months ago #3265

I go back as far as 01. I never saw any $$ in the packets. DRAG DOES fund the Juniors, as their parents are also DRAG members. They fund the same percentage to the Juniors as the Bracket Finals. And they have to be members, just like everyone else. Its been this way for 4 years. I think April or Anna can verify that.

Side note: HUGE props should go out to Theos whole family. His mom, girlfriend and sister are the ones walking the 5 miles every sunday collecting. Theo and his Dad were out there cooking after he grenaded his motor in the burnout box before his first pass. He hung in and cooked and cleaned all weekend. He's now your DRAG president. Hes the guy in the Orange Firebird with the yellow cage.

Actually, theres very few people that are volunteering for DRAG. Our Secretary has been doing the job for years. Kudos to Kathy Barling! And our Treasurer Dick Garbus. Past President April Martin, past VPs Anna White And Todd Lipke just to name a few. Without these people, DRAG would cease to exist. Then there are the chair people for decorations, like Jessica "Dozer" Desiato! (WHo had a PERFECT .500/0 light in Pro Sunday)

Re: BRACKET FINALS 1 year, 3 months ago #3267

• ron
  • No Time 2 Race
ask rick fies , jeff strickler , tom belvick , may have been late 90's why would I make that up ? it was just a nice gesture , that's all . not sure who was running the finals then , maybe pete , before he got real involved in the jr finals . we go back to 92 ,

Re: BRACKET FINALS 1 year, 3 months ago #3269

I'll ask my mom. She used to be team captain for several years if I remember right.

Re: BRACKET FINALS 1 year, 3 months ago #3270

OK, I checked with my mom. She said the only time the drivers got anything extra was when there was actually extra money in Drag. Of course it used to operate a little differently because there were no junior dragster bracket finals separate from the regular brackets, so there was more money alotted to the drivers in the bracket finals. Money was budgeted out to pay for the drivers, shirts, decorations, hot dog or pizza party, etc, and then, if there was money left over, they would divide it up evenly and give it to the drivers. So, it depended on the year. One year may have been $10, another $20, and one year may have been nothing. She didn't remember ever giving out as much as $40, so it may have been just from Ron's secret admirer after all. Before mom did it was when Gail English and Joi Ingalls took care of it, so I can't say for sure about what they did, although she said she modeled what she did after them.

That's all I've got.

Re: BRACKET FINALS 1 year, 3 months ago #3271

Why are we talking about this again? Because of the deadline?

My advice to you Ron would be to go to the Drag meeting this coming Monday and plead your case. Drag can change the deadline or whatever you need if majority rules, and there is usually a good number of people at the meeting before brackets.

Re: BRACKET FINALS 1 year, 3 months ago #3272

• ron
  • No Time 2 Race
im not worried about 70.00 bucks , its the principal , and your mom states what I exactly remember , a nice gesture when we made it to the finals to represent esta , and again shes correct , before the jr's got big. thanks , were a team when we go down to represent the track at the finals . heath even remembers the x-tra money in the packets , I just thought it was nice like I said . team moral is important , last year was great at the valley , so its getting better again,. ;)Delaware a few years back was a tough deal. , heath is gonna ask robin something this sunday when he registers ,alls good , what drag does is awsum . thanks. drag memb. is reasonable we spend about 100.00 bucks a season on 50/50 tickets lol its all about team spirit at the finals , racers do better

Re: BRACKET FINALS 1 year, 3 months ago #3280

• Rdrbn
  • Administrator
Way back when, we did put money in the envelopes for the driver....we also had a lot more money in 50/50 account. Also in the late 80's and early 90's there was more tracks involved and the entry fee to go to the brackets was $40.00 per vehicle....as the tracks have dwindled to a measles 17 the entry fee has gone up to $75.00 per vehicle, so there is not much money left in the 50/50 account. With the addition of the JR finals, which pay almost as much per vehicle. This is why DRAG decided that if they were going to pay for entry fee's that each driver or parent had to be a member of DRAG, it is only $10.00 per year....and the cut off date to become a member has always been the last Sunday of July. All DRAG dues go into the general fund, to help pay for entry fee's, shirts, decorations, and whatever else needs to be taken care off.

On a side note, Pete has never done the bracket finals...he has always just got the Jr bracket finals together.
Thanks
Robin
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds
ned_nhra Jrdragsterlogo sm

©2000-2014 ESTA Safety Park Dragstrip
Box 1189 - Cicero, NY 13039

Website Design and Maintenance by Extreme Exposures

summit