kingofthetrack
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Convertible rules?

Convertible rules? 1 year, 9 months ago #3132

• Meeyata
  • Mechanic
Been debating on bringing my little Miata to the track, but not sure if I'll be able to run depending on the safety ruleset with it being a convertible. So figured I'd post here to find out if it'll be worth the trip out. Currently I do not have a roll bar installed on the car. What's the limits I can run without getting kicked off (ie. lowest ET / highest MPH)?

Re: Convertible rules? 1 year, 9 months ago #3135

Unless the rule has changed..... convertibles need a roll bar when they are faster than 13.50 E.T.

Re: Convertible rules? 1 year, 9 months ago #3136

• Meeyata
  • Mechanic
Guess I'm sol until I get a rollbar then. Thanks for the info, it's greatly appreciated.

Re: Convertible rules? 1 year, 9 months ago #3137

I assume your Miata has some mods then? They aren't that fast from the factory, are they?

Re: Convertible rules? 1 year, 9 months ago #3138

• Meeyata
  • Mechanic
Yeah mine has been slighty modded. Stock the car was only pushing 100hp, in it's current street tune it's just a "tad" higher we'll say.

Re: Convertible rules? 1 year, 9 months ago #3139

• ron
  • No Time 2 Race
a friend of mine has one in rome with the v8 conversion , hes been wanting to get it out to see what it runs , is this a v-8 ? lite cars , this wouldn't be him would it ?

Re: Convertible rules? 1 year, 9 months ago #3142

• Meeyata
  • Mechanic
This is the response I received from Pete via e-mail:

"13.99 or quicker requires a roll bar in convertibles, a safety harness and helmet also."

So wanted to say thanks to everyone for the info. Unfortunately no way I'm going to install a harness in my street car, so won't be heading to the track.

Thanks again!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds
ned_nhra Jrdragsterlogo sm

©2000-2014 ESTA Safety Park Dragstrip
Box 1189 - Cicero, NY 13039

Website Design and Maintenance by Extreme Exposures

summit