kingofthetrack
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

NEWB Questions about T&T days
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: NEWB Questions about T&T days

NEWB Questions about T&T days 10 months, 4 weeks ago #2895

These might be some dumb questions, but I don't want to be the guy holding everybody up because I don't know what I am doing. I do have racing experience, but not at this track. I want to run my 06 Chrysler 300C at the June 8th open Test and Tune day. I am really looking to just get some times and tweak my tune a bit. I have some questions on how the track operates so I know what I am doing when I get there.

First, where do I get a number?

Second, how are cars called to the lanes? Do I just go direct to the lanes or go to the pits somewhere and wait to be called? If I wait to be called, how are cars called?

Third, is there a limit to the number of runs?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Re: NEWB Questions about T&T days 10 months, 4 weeks ago #2896

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this answers your question:

1) Get your number at the base of the tower (that's where you go to pay to race anyway).

2) Depends on the car count, but normally at T&T I've seen them call slick tire cars separately from everyone else. If car count allows, usually it's just open time trials with, say, slick tire cars in 6 and 7 and street cars in 4 and 5.

3) No limit to number of runs. Only limited by time.

Have fun at the races!

Re: NEWB Questions about T&T days 10 months, 4 weeks ago #2897

As you enter ESTa you will be greeted by staff to collect your admission fee. they will direct you down the road to tech area where your vehicle will be inspected. you will receive a tech card there to be filled out and brought to the base of the tower...there you will pay the race fee and receive your number for your windows.

If you expect to go faster than 14 seconds you should bring a helmet with you....no shorts while racing... or flip flops.... or tank tops either while racing. You need to put your number high on the passenger side windshield corner and on the drivers side ...side windows.

turn your car radio on ( to listen to the announcements)...think it is 89.3. The track is usually referred to as tower side or spectator side.

also on the HOME page here under track info heading are the basic rules for race day.

Have fun!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds
ned_nhra Jrdragsterlogo sm

©2000-2014 ESTA Safety Park Dragstrip
Box 1189 - Cicero, NY 13039

Website Design and Maintenance by X-Site Web Design

summit