kingofthetrack
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Klaus..Dieroff

Re: Klaus..Dieroff 1 year, 11 months ago #2422

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Klaus daily. Tell him to keep fighting we need our friend at the " tent ".
Diane and David Ashby

Re: Klaus..Dieroff 1 year, 11 months ago #2423

7:30 PM...
Klaus may have taken another step forward tonight...They have his BP meds off again, and he is holding his own there...the have the breathing ventilator turned way down and he is breathing on his own, they are keeping it in right now , just in case and to see how he does without it...
He looked much better to me tonight, and they have drained a lot more fluid off his body with the dialysis machine and he is tolerating all of that ok. They have started him on the tube feeding again, but a lot less than before and checking every 4 hours to see if he is able to tolerate that...He is putting out the most urine per hour since his surgery, which means maybe the kidney is starting to wake up now. I spoke to him to tell him I love him just before i left and I said you can hear me right and he nodded a little bit. He is still sedated so they can start weaning him off things a bit at a time...and they increase that and the BP meds if needed..
But....I'm happy tonight...I think we are headed in the right direction...
Thank you for the suppport and the wishes and cards...as soon as he is awake enough I will take them to him.
I'll update again tomorrow night
Happy Halloween Everyone
Pat
To Never Take a Chance is to Never Know What could Have Been

Pit Observer

Re: Klaus..Dieroff 1 year, 11 months ago #2425

Get well soon Klaus! Missing your off color text msgs!
RedBarn Performance

Team Wagonator's offical slowest member.

The Grassmaster
315-663-1556

Re: Klaus..Dieroff 1 year, 11 months ago #2426

5:30 am....called the hospital, the Night nurse says Klaus had a very good night. The BP meds have been off all night , and he is making more urine each hour. They took the feeding tube out again, because he is not digesting what they are giving him...maybe they will try that again later. They did turn up his sedation a little...but overall good news

Pat

Pit Observer

Re: Klaus..Dieroff 1 year, 11 months ago #2428

Get Well soon Klaus!
Paul Piston and Family

Re: Klaus..Dieroff 1 year, 11 months ago #2429

7pm...
Klaus still seems to be improving...they still have him sedated, but I don't ever remember EVER being excited that someone is peeing...Dr's are very happy about too...it means that remaining kidney is starting to work.
He has been responding to the nurses today by nodding yes and no and squeezing hands...he didn't open his eyes while I was there tonight, but he did nod yes he could hear me. His BP was little elevated, but I think its because he is starting to come around more. Ventilator still in, but he is breathing on his own...hopefully that will be out in another day or so
Please keep up the prayers...they are working
Pat

Pit Observer

Re: Klaus..Dieroff 1 year, 11 months ago #2430

Pat,
That is so great to hear about Klaus!! I bet you'll rest a little easier tonight. We're all pulling for him and thinking of you both.
Kim Rossiter
Street $

Re: Klaus..Dieroff 1 year, 11 months ago #2432

Tell him to hurry because the announcer just called street money to the lanes!!!LOL!! I'm so happy he's doing better everyday!!He's in our prayers here.And tell him we have his dial in correct too!!!WAIT!!! Don't,I want him to continue to improve!!Best wish's to both of you guys.

Re: Klaus..Dieroff 1 year, 11 months ago #2434

7:30 PM...
Klaus still sleeping...they turned his sedation off this morning, but Dr' says it takes time to get out of his system...he nods and responds by shaking his head sometimes...but it will be a day or so til he can focus...Dr is thrilled and so am I at his progress...yesterday and today...breathing tube may come out tomorrow..its still there like a crutch for now...
Update again tomorrow...
keep saying prayers....they are helping
Pat

Pit Observer

Re: Klaus..Dieroff 1 year, 11 months ago #2435

• NOS42
  • Street Racer
get well soon! Mike Castellini

Re: Klaus..Dieroff 1 year, 11 months ago #2439

I want to thank you all again for all the well wishes and the cards and notes
If you wish to send a card, you can send to our home and when he is moved out of ICU I will take them to him.

116 Carlton Rd
Syracuse NY 13207

5:30 pm
I just left the hospital. he is better each day. They have taken him off all the sedation and are trying to wake him up enough to take out the breathing tube. I spoke to his DR, and he says he is not alert enough yet...maybe tomorrow, the medicine still is in his body so it takes time to get it out even though its turned off.
Klaus opened his eyes and looked at me today when I spoke to him and nodded when I asked him questions, so he is starting to come around....He has been in bed now on his back for 13 days...he NEVER sleeps on his back and when I noticed him trying to move a bit, I asked if his back hurt and he nodded yes...I'm sure it does, he has back problems already. He also nodded yes when I asked him if he was cold, so i got him a blanket

I will be up to see him again tomorrow and hopefully the news will be even better..

He is uncomfortable ...but on his way ...
Pat

Pit Observer

Re: Klaus..Dieroff 1 year, 11 months ago #2440

That is great news Pat. We continue to pray for him daily. Continue with the updates....
David and Diane Ashby

Re: Klaus..Dieroff 1 year, 11 months ago #2441

5:30 a.m.
HUGE setback...
I just called the hospital and spoke to a Dr, who is taking care of Klaus now instead of a nurse...Klaus was doing so well overnight they decided to take out the breathing tube, when they did his vocal cords were so swollen they were closing up and he couldn't breath well. They had to put the breathing tube back in , and before they could do that he vomitted and some went down his air passage and into his lungs. The Dr said there is a good chance now he will develope pneumonia. The stomach contents are acidic and now into the lungs it may cause more issues. They need to watch him closer for infection and signs for pneumonia.
He is heavily sedated again, and will be for several hours. He will have the breathing tube in again probably several more days, unless they decide to perform a tracheostomy (they talked of that before).

I am sick and at a loss this morning, he was doing so well...
Please keep praying for him
Pat

Pit Observer

Re: Klaus..Dieroff 1 year, 11 months ago #2442

Left hospital at 5:30...

Klaus sedated again, on several antibiotics (in case of infection ) and back on dialysis. The dialysis is only to clean the toxins out of his blood at this time, no fluid being removed. He nodded a little when his sisters and I were in there in response to our questions. , but they have increased the sedation tonight to let him rest more while they are doing "whatever it is they are doing"...
They have taken several cultures and have sent them out for diagnosis ...it will be a couple more days til they have the results. His Dr. said, when they took the breathing tube out, his vocal cords were so swollen , they just closed up and he could not breath, so they put the tube back in...

When we left the hospital tonight he was stablilized again..(with medication) and sleeping. I will call again in the morning to check on him and see him tomorrow night after work

I will update tomorrow

Pat

Pit Observer

Re: Klaus..Dieroff 1 year, 11 months ago #2443

6:15 am..
another turn around...Klaus had a restful night.
they have turned his sedation down again so he is alert again. They have turned the breathing machine down again so he is breathing on his own, with the machine for an assist...all other vitals I'm being told are stable. He was nodding to the nurses this morning to answer questions.
I guess we are heading back up the hill again...I'll see him after work and update again later
pat

Pit Observer
Time to create page: 0.58 seconds
ned_nhra Jrdragsterlogo sm

©2000-2014 ESTA Safety Park Dragstrip
Box 1189 - Cicero, NY 13039

Website Design and Maintenance by Extreme Exposures

summit